Recently we installed 150 Litre Solar Water Heaters at our terrace. Below are the Information, photos and costing for Installation of Solar Water Heater.
When you decides to install solar water heater, you need to consider following factors,
- How many people are there in your home who will be using hot water ?
- Based on this the number of Liter water required needs to be finalized. Lets say, you have 3 people at your home and each one will use average 50 Ltr of hot water each day, then you will need to purchase 50*3 = 150 Ltr solar water heater.
- What is your budget for purchasing new solar water heater ?
- As you might already be aware, solar products needs somewhat more initial investment, so you needs to enquire different brands available in market and compare their pricing and features for same model of solar water heater.
- What is the warranty of the solar water heater and how you will contact them in future for servicing ?
- Most of the solar water heaters are long durable, and comes warranty of 5-7 years. So you needs to get proper warranty information and how they will provide the service for future in case some issues. Once installed, the most common issue you might face is due to hardened water. But if you are ready to get solar water heater serviced once in one / two year then no issues.
The common pricing for installing solar water heater will include following things,
- Solar Water Heater Price + Tax
- Transportation Cost
- If you have agreed to pay for transportation cost of solar water heater ( tank + pipe etc ) from company to your home, then we need to account this cost.
- Plumbing Material and Service cost
- This will be an additional cost which includes purchasing all the pipes ( hot water pipe, cold water pipe ), valves etc and payment of plumber services. If your current cold water tank is at same surface level where are going to install water heater, then there will be additional cost to increase height of cold water tank, so that daily transmission of cold water to solar water heater and hot water from water heater to your bathroom tap can be automated without daily efforts required to fill solar water heater tank.
Refer to “Guidelines for installation of Solar Water Heating Systems in high rise buildings and multi storied flats” Issued by MNRE down-loadable from LINK.